Narek Skyskin

For long moments, Narek hugged Shara and Thel. The woman was small, yet sturdy woman with sandy hair, green eyes and features that spoke of some amount of elven descent. The boy was dark haired and as tall as his mother. His frame was leaner, and he shared more features with his father than mother ... except for the blueish skin - the boy was obviously human. Narek shushed the two, happy they were alive. He turned to Rhyna and nodded his thanks, although frowning slightly at the woman's attitude. However for now he shrugged it away as her way of dealing with the situation. "You have my thanks, Rhyna. I'm glad so many were here, even if I was selfishly concerned with only two." He glanced at Shara and Thel before continuing.

"Now we must gather if their families and retreat to the woods - i'm sorry but we need to abandon Phaendar for now. Does anyone know why the Legion would attack now?" . It was a fitting irony that the one who could probably answer the question was most likely dead by Narek's own hand ...

As the group moved swiftly through the town, Narek walked with his family, hovering nervous way. He spoke in continued whispers, asking how they were doing, if they were hurt, whether they were hungry, etc. When the surprise attack happened, Narek pushed his family back behind the building, whispering "Stay here - don't come out until it's safe!"

Peering out, he pulled out one of the wands and fired it at the archer.
Spoiler: OOC
Show
Magic missile vs hob Damage - (1d4+1)[4]

Status
AC: 12 HP: 7 Init +9 Move 30'
F +0 R +2 W +4
Weapon: Hvy crossbow w/18 bolts (10 MW)
Spells: prestidigitation, detect magic, message; grease, mage armor, heightened awareness
Prescience: 5/7; wand of magic missile (8); wand of grease (11); unknown wand (25)
Effect: prestidigitation (1hr)