View Single Post

Thread: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown VIII

1. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown VIII

Elsa and Sieghard, 26th Jahrdrung

Spoiler
    Show
    Elsa did not like the guildmasters one bit. They were too smart, too experienced, too cynical. They could get Leona to back out of the negotiations. She wished Sforza had been offering a better deal to begin with. She also wished she were a smooth talker, like Ludo or Viggo.

"I don't think the Captain demands that you cede Savonne right away, out of blind faith," said Elsa, unsure what Sforza himself would say to that. "But we do have to wrest control of the Downlands first and foremost, or Sforza's forces will stay bottled up in the south, and yours in the north; easy to destroy piecemeal by those who hold Savonne's strong walls. Rest assured, Sforza knows he cannot have peace as long as Alvarran stands. It's a fortress, yes, but how loyal are the Duke's people?"

She leaned forward in her seat. "What you have, right now, is only the Uplands and a rapidly fraying alliance. Alvarr is the one who has Savonne; or will, soon enough. You know it's only a matter of time before he makes a power play to remove your husband... not just from Savonne, but also from Bunthafen. Trust me, neither Sforza nor Groz wants a three-way conflict. These things are drawn out and messy, and the gods know that the Broken Reaches could use some peace and stability for a change."
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2017-07-20 at 11:53 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.