View Single Post

Thread: Good Story-Based Webseries/Podcast?

1. - Top - End - #8
    Halfling in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Good Story-Based Webseries/Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Vogie View Post
    All of those four are very story heavy. Drunks & Dragons does normally have at least one encounter per episode, but the others will occasionally have all-story episodes, usually due to diffusing the situation, or figuring out the puzzle. Godsfall gets very story driven near the most recent episodes, as they actually split the party into three groups for a bit, which was neat - it had a very Game of Thrones feel.
    I've listened to Drunks & Dragons. I think it was...shadowrun? I don't remember why I stopped, but I will check these out. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by solidork View Post
    How serious do you like your games? Campaign is incredibly funny, but some people get frustrated when they make things way more complicated for themselves than they need to be in the name of comedy.

A little bit of humor makes an adventure listenable. Too much makes it so I can't take it seriously. For the purposes of my story heavy education, I'd say I'm not picky. As long as I can get an idea of how a good DM structures an adventure without dungeon walls. Take those walls away, and I start sweating.
    Edit: I just read the description of one shot.

"If CAMPAIGN has a goal, it’s to show how character-driven storytelling can positively impact all classic elements of long-form analogue gaming, and turn out a compelling and entertaining narrative."

Sounds good 👍
    Last edited by Atarax; 2017-07-21 at 08:33 PM.