View Single Post

Thread: Armor designs for females?

1. - Top - End - #181
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Armor designs for females?

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    That's the thing -- when someone is going into a situation wearing an outfit that will get them killed, simply because said outfit is supposedly "sexy", then objectively, there's an issue.

Going into hard vacuum in a getup that offers no protection is stupid... objectively stupid.

Going into combat wearing a "sexy" getup that offers no protection from the weapons being used, no camouflage, no utility, nothing useful at all... objectively stupid.

When an artist show me a character who's doing objectively stupid things, they're not telling me the character sexy or confident or whatever... they're telling me that the character is an idiot, or ignorant, or insane, or has a death wish.

I honestly don't understand how "this character is going to die" is sexy to begin with.
    And yet for some reason this argument only comes up about "sexy" armor, not the thousands if not millions of characters who go into battle unarmored without anyone blinking an eye.

As I said above, there are many genres, both historical and fantastic, where armor simply isn't a thing despite an abundance of melee combat.
    Last edited by Talakeal; 2017-07-22 at 12:36 PM.
    Looking for feedback on Heart of Darkness, a character driven RPG of Gothic fantasy.