Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
Beach

"Not chug so much as just . . . apply to the skin carefully. It doesn't take all that much if you do it that way, rather than trying to change eeeeverything. Since people only see the outer layer of skin,
might as well just dye that part and leave the rest, you know?
Muuuultiple sentient species. Definitely not just us. If anything, we're pretty rare out in the world at large, as we don't tend to stray far from lakes and things. And, since I know you're going to ask,"
Grace says with a grin. She's at least assuuuuming Strawberry'll ask. "the world is basically full of just, like, . . . well everything. We have Lamias, and centaurs, and us of course, and catpeople, and dogpeople,
and . . . yeah we got everything."
She shrugs a bit, not really sure she could possibly get specific at all.
"I mean, I, uh," she frowns a bit in thought. "Yeah. I. I suppose I could." Grace looks down at her feet, and kinda kicks at the sand a bit, kind of embarrassed after having giggled at Strawberry. It had just been really unexpected, and had nooot been what she had expected at all.

"Owwww." Grace replies to that with what could best be described by the O.o emoji on her face. "That . . . owwwwww."
[beach outside of civvylization]

"Oh. Well that totally makes more sense, yeah." Strawberry grins. "So you're basically using food colouring like skin care products? Flawless, tan skin after just one use!"
"Does this 'everything' also inclu..." She's interrupted by her phone ringing. "Oh? Sorry, would you excuse me for a second?" The mermaid pulls the sturdy, waterproof smartphone out of her dress' pocket (the thing has pockets?). She looks at the caller's number. It is a known number, already saved in her contacts list. Her own Nope instant messenger account. "I'm getting a call from my own laptop? How does that even work? I thought I had turned it off." Strawberry picks up, and before she can say anything or even hold the phone to her ear, a distorted voice starts yelling with utmost fury:
"You worthless bag of trash weren't sent to HALO just to get away with it!
You weren't sent to Civiron just to get away with it!
You are not innocent!
You know you're not innocent!
Don't act so innocent, innocent, innocent!
Your first two children!
The escaping fishing trawler!
Your friend and the cindernose!
Your lonely husband!
Why are you such a bi***?
You le..."
Strawberry hurls her phone away as if her life depended on it. The device flies at least 200 meters / 650 feet seawards, before plopping into the murky water.
The mermaid is staring after her phone, breathing heavily, her hands shaking and tears forming in her eyes, a look of horror on her face.