View Single Post

Thread: Personal Woes and Advice 4

1. - Top - End - #1444
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Personal Woes and Advice 4

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    Schedule your new thing on an event basis instead of a time basis. Right after one event that you always do, you do your new thing. So when you get up in the morning or take a lunch or get home from work, do your workout or meditation then. Before you go to bed is probably a good time for meditation, after you get up is probably a good time to work out as long as you get up early enough.

You have the tools to do this- you made it through school, you've held down a job, right? You just need to assign your new thing a level of importance on par with those other life-critical activities. It sounds extreme, but the whole point is to change your life. So, use the steps you take when you need to make an unavoidable life change.
    I think my problem is I don't really know how I did that, I just sort of did that and it worked. When I'm dealing with work or school, I don't make any sort of effort towards remembering what I'm doing, I just remember it.
    But then sometimes it doesn't work, and I don't really know what the difference is. I've been told the difference is something about how much I care about different things, but I never really figured out how to fix that.

It's always just been something that...mostly worked when I needed it, but sometimes it didn't and I just take the consequences of when it doesn't and move on and hope it works better the next time. I realize that's not really a good way to go about it, but - like, I can sit there and think "this is really really important, I have to remember it" - but it usually has no discernible effect on whether I actually remember.
    Last edited by WarKitty; 2017-07-24 at 03:09 PM.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!