Quote Originally Posted by Rogerdodger557 View Post
I play a level 13 dual wielding eldritch knight, and I am curious as to why there is so much hate. What else was I supposed to do until I hit level 7? Apologize for wanting an extra attack early?

Also, just in general, I don't know why the hate.
Generally, TWF is fine, in the way that even 'deprecated' options in 5E are actually still quite competitive. 5E balance is sufficiently tight that, yes, some options are better than others, but the span between them isn't particularly vast.

That said, I think the problem with two-weapon fighting is the design space it's been assigned. For some reason, people (including the designers) seem to think that wielding two weapons is an offensive stratagem. And therefore, TWF is compared against great weapons, etc., and looks sad and lame.

But wielding two weapons should really be about flexibility. And the design of both the fighting style and the feat should mirror that. Benefits should revolve around not offering enemies advantage, flexibility in choosing a bit of extra defense or a bit of extra offense each round, things like that.

Then, like S&B, there would be an interesting and dramatic set of use-cases for dual-wielding beyond just 'more opportunities to stab'.