View Single Post

Thread: Armor designs for females?

1. - Top - End - #608
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Armor designs for females?

Quote Originally Posted by scalyfreak View Post
    I truly wish I could say the same.

While on the subject, I apologize to any innocent bystanders who were inadvertently sprayed with the vitriol overflow from some of my posts. Discovering that an attitude I encounter depressingly often outside the internet, was alive and well in what I believed was my sexism-free sanctuary, may have caused an over-reaction or two. Or three.

Expectations have been adjusted, which hopefully will prevent vitriolic outbursts in future threads on similar topics.
    I hope it's of some consolation that people also stood up and spoke against it.

Maybe it was shocking to me because I figured in a place full of people who pride themselves on imagination, we'd all be able to "imagine" that women are people and get our heads around the idea. Or maybe because in forum for discussion of putting ourselves in other people's shoes, we'd all have considered what it might be like to be on the receiving end of that sort of belittling, demeaning paternalism, and found the wisdom to reject it.
    Last edited by Max_Killjoy; 2017-07-27 at 12:29 AM.
    It is one thing to suspend your disbelief. It is another thing entirely to hang it by the neck until dead.

Verisimilitude -- n, the appearance or semblance of truth, likelihood, or probability.

The concern is not realism in speculative fiction, but rather the sense that a setting or story could be real, fostered by internal consistency and coherence.

The Worldbuilding Forum -- where realities are born.