1. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Wands and Staves - Potential Mechanics for Arcane Foci

Quote Originally Posted by Torrin View Post
    Would love to have a view of this.
    Sure, I don't have the files, but I think I managed to remember most of it. Like I said, I prefer for the group to be fun, so even if this seems busted, it may be. It wouldn't be the best concept for every group, but it works in a balanced way for my group, so here you go!:

Example:

Armors (Most of these use the Heavy Templates/Really any armor that uses metal):

Iron Armor: No effects
    Steel: Soak 3 damage each attack
    Elven : May use 13+Dex modifier for AC instead of AC value, Resist Piercing
    Demonic: Resist Fire Damage
    Astral/Spirit: May summon and dismiss as a free-action; meaning you can always wear it
    Orcish : Resist Slashing
    Dwarvish: Resist Bludgeoning, May use 13+Con mod for AC

The above are more common forms of armor, below is more rare:

Draconic: Resist Fire, Resist Frost, Advantage to Dragon Breath saves
    "Z": (similar to minecraft Diamonds, looks similar to glass weapons in The Elder Scrolls): Indestructible, Soak 5 damage from each attack, Resist non-magical weapon attacks

Weapons:

Barbaric: Bleed 2, Fragile 5
    Iron: Plain old and boring, No effects
    Steel: +1 Atk/Dmg
    Elven: All Blades have finesse, Bows increase their damage die size by 1
    Demonic(Very pointy weapons): When you take the attack action, you may make a free additional melee attack using the serrations on the weapon, rolling a standard weapon attack roll and dealing 2d4 piercing damage.
    Astral/Spirit: You may have the weapon willingly pass through objects and creatures. When it does so it deals no damage to the things it passes through. At the end of your turn it returns to your hand if not already there. (This allows to throw it through an ally to hit an enemy)
    Orcish: Blades have the Cleave quality. (You may have damage leftover from a slain enemy overflow to another adjacent target, you must succeed another attack roll for the damage to overflow to the next enemy.)
    Dwarvish: Weapon parts are retractable, allowing it to fold up into very confined spaces.

Again, the rarer items:

Draconic: Advantage on attack rolls against dragons. Indestructible.
    "Z": Indestructible, Cleave, Attacks with this weapon are considered magical for the purpose of overcoming resistances.

Bleed: Targets take 1d4 bleeding damage for each level of the bleed quality on each attack. This may stack up to two times. At the end of each of the affected target's turns, he or she may make a DC 13 Con save to attempt to resist the bleeding.
    Fragile: On an attack roll equal to or less than the Fragile quality, under the DM's discretion, the weapon breaks. Weapons in general have a Fragile quality of 1.
    Last edited by Zalakoth; 2017-07-27 at 10:57 PM.