1. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Dumbest thing you've ever done in a game?

Quote Originally Posted by flappeercraft View Post
    Do you have the stats for that? I definitely want to use that at some point
    Actually I've been thinking several times to open a gallery of homebrewed ridiculous-looking monsters - I even wrote the stats in english, which is not my native language, on the offchance that I may want to post them someday - but never gotten around it. I have two issues:
    1) is there some kind of subforum for homebrewing, or any place better suited that this forum anyway?
    2) how do I do a good formatting? I tried to post homebrewed stuff many years ago, but the formatting sucked. I have no idea how to make a table or anything like that.
    Give me good answers to that, and I will post the stats.

to be exact, the bunnies and the pineapple have stats, and I have a few other dumb monsters I homebrewed. the zucchini and watermelon instead were more of a riddle quest. You would enter into those endless fields of watermelons/zucchini which seemed perfectly normal, but they moved whenever you weren't looking at them, and they kept rearraning the dimensions to keep you trapped. If you cut down a large patch of plants, you turned your back, turned again and you would find the plants still there, as if you never chopped them down. If you walked in a straight line, you moved in a circle. teleportation and other dimensional travel would not work, because the spell could not handle the corckscrewed dimensions. if you used flight, you'd just see an endless field, and if you flew high enough, it would appear that you were inside a hollow sphere completely covered in zucchini/watermelons. If you dig in the ground, you would soon tunnel through... and find zucchini/watermelons again. If you fell asleep, they would capture and kill you. I put a lot of emphasis on giving an atmosphere of impending doom as the party went through them, having them find remains of previous adventurers - giant watermelons with human arms and legs sprouting from them and a full skeleton inside, or broken skeletons surrounding a giant zucchini that had grown up into them and torn them apart.
    Getting out could be achieved by walking in a specific curcing trajectory that would follow the outline of the hidden dimensions, which required high checks of knowledge: planes and mathematics. Or, it clould be handled by hiring a recurring npc with a survival in the mid twenties (a kind of homebrewed expert who specializes in a single task and get extra bonuses to it. Something else I considered posting if there was a dedicated homebrewing section).
    Last edited by King of Nowhere; 2017-07-28 at 01:43 PM.
    In memory of Evisceratus: he dreamed of a better world, but he lacked the class levels to make the dream come true.

Ridiculous monsters you won't take seriously even as they disembowel you

my take on the highly skilled professional: the specialized expert