Quote Originally Posted by JAL_1138 View Post
Yup, Bard 6 for Lore bard Secrets.
You could TWF for higher damage, but I personally think the drop in AC isn't worth it.

*May not point out that if you're looking for a blasty spell earlier than that, Thunderwave is available at Bard 1 and scales decently with higher slots (same damage as Shatter from 2nd level slots and up, plus a push effect).
My main problem with Thunderwave is that I've tried to focus on bonus action and debuffing spells, using a rapier and Smites for damage. Plus we've got enough casters that we don't really need more damaging spells.

FWIW my Cantrips are Mending so we never need to roll to remake broken gear, and Prestidigitation because it's got some utility and it's an easy way to clean before going into town. My current plan is Paladin 1/Bard 1/Paladin+4/Bard+2/Paladin+1/Bard+lots. I would have only gone to Paladin 5, but that Aura bonus is just too tempting (although not enough to delay Expertise to later than level 8).

Huh, books are 25 gp. So, let me work out my gear with that in mind, looks like I won't need a cart.