I'm another that never realized Wayne Alexander did both Jack and Lorien.

The Inquisitor episode has always been one of my favorites, mainly because Alexander absolutely kills as Jack. Genuinely terrifying, chewing holes in the scenery, and just generally being awesome. The philosophical demolition of the "Chosen One" trope is also fantastic, as his parting line about the real Chosen being the ones willing to sacrifice everything for their fellow man even if nobody knows they did it.

It's also the first sign that the Vorlons may not be as angelic as they appear, done subtly enough that it can be passed off as "redeeming a villain".

------

On Keffer - I actually find that he added quite a bit to the show. The early episodes where he's hanging out with the main characters is obviously forced and unnatural, but after that? He develops more naturally into a minor character of the same stature as Lou Welch, Zack Allen*, on Lieutenant Corwin. He provides a bit of a look into the Starfury pilots during the season, and his death is the first** to happen to a main cast member. In a roundabout way, the suits did enhance things - if only by making JMS get inventive.

*Zack does become more prominent, but not until much later.
**Technically speaking, it's possible Talia was dissected prior to this, but we don't learn of that until season 3.