Comes the Inquisitor

Kosh tests the purity of purpose of Delenn and Sheridan's devotion to their cause.

*Vorlons-We learn in this episode that the Vorlons have been to Earth, far in the past, and that they abduct people. Even more interestingly is that they abduct evil killer types. Does make you wonder how long they have been doing this, and who else they have grabbed.

*Jack-Sigh, well, I guess it's just a writer thing as most writers do this from time to time. They just 'have to' toss in a famous/infamous historical figure from time to time and give them their own personal spin and interpretation.

*Vorlon Manipulation- This episode is another great example of Vorlon's setting up endless manipulations to get what they want or do what they want. Jack comes to B5 and makes a show of it. He picks a quiet place to do his test, but people know where it is. The door is left unlocked. Jack ''takes a walk'' just long enough for Lenear to run in and go ''oh no''. Then Jack walks back, slowly, tapping his staff loudly. Jack lets Lenear go and lets him run to Sheridan. And the door is still unlocked for Sheridan to get in. So....all a set up.

*G'kar and Vir-Both get some great moments in this episode to change and grow, and they even have one together, no less.

Things that don't Make Sense

*Secret Meeting-So Kosh and Delenn meet is just some random hallway somewhere in Red Sector?

*The Minbari Inquisition- So both Delenn and Lenear sure seem to know all about the Vorlon Inquisition process. When and where did they learn all this? Think Deleen has done this before, like maybe right after she meet Kosh 11 years ago? Maybe other Minbari, like Rangers, have to do this test too? Or did Kosh give them a Vorlon Inquisition FAQ tablet or something?

*Delenn Cabbagehead- It's always fun to watch a wise, deep, intelligent and spiritual person like Delenn gets asked a question like ''who are you?'' and then they turn into the dumbest caveman and give dumb answers. But, then, if they ''knew'' the answers, it would be a short show....

*Anachronism Jack- Well, he sure is a walking, talking Anachronism. And, as a 19th century human he says things like ''a quiet as when Jonah got swallowed by the whale''. Oh, it's a great line, and as a 21 st century human I get the reference. But Delenn would have no idea, he might as well say ''balh blah balh''. Wonder if the Vorlons did it for a reason, to make the Inquisition harder?

*No Body Knows Your Name- The Vorlon's seem to be worried about Fame. Guess they don't know the future as we know the names of Sheridin, Delenn and the rest will be well remembered for many thousands of years...

*Hope you Die-Er, Sheridan seems a bit odd at the end with the ''I think it would be a good idea for the vorlons to let you die now''. It does not seem to be ''you hurt my all most girl friend and me'' kind of anger...but more ''you did a string of murders centuries ago''. It just feels a bit ''off'' that Sheridan really cares ''so much'' about people killed centuries ago....or was that just the writer talking.

Final-B, This is a very compelling episode because it doesn't pull any punches in its treatment of the characters, especially Delenn. The final revelation about Sebastian's true identity could be considered just a tad trite, I suppose. It just barely works for me, I confess, precisely because "Sebastian" is such a legend. This is a show that is all about legends - both embracing and rejecting old legends, and creating new ones. The Vorlons deal in myth and legend (as do the Shadows, in their way). So bringing in this particular historical figure, particularly to use him in such a way as he is used here, manages to sidestep triteness for me.