Heyyyy, I killed another thread. I'll just go on for a bit, open this up some more for others to bring in their own things. Looking back, my post really didn't leave much for other authors.

16th Bleakmoon, 694 in the cycle of the Red Sun

We weren't successful. Factor Laurin did his best to appear understanding, but when we told him of our goals, it was perfectly plain on his face that he debated whether to imprison us or just pretend he had never met us. He plainly hates the idea of anyone going further west from here, nevermind crossing the Ironcrest. They have already taken in too many refugees, he fears Blackboot retaliation if the company is now seen to send people back who might stir further unrest.

I was unreasonably angry, for a while, that he should not respect our office, and strongly suggested to Master Verin that we should bring matters up with the Duke instead. He shook his head and said he hadn't expected more than this, but that one had to try.

We have hired our own guide, now. Kresho, was the name he gave us. I'm still not fluent, but I think it means "Vulture". He's a young orc, and wouldn't say much more than that he had had to leave home due to some difficulties. Of course, from the brand of Årnam on his right hand, it is quite clear what his crime had been in the Blackboots' eyes. They are said to exile anyone even related to a fire-worshipper, these days.

We travel light, with just a mule, a week's worth of grain and salt and our boots. We leave at dawn tomorrow.