Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Samurai View Post
@Khyber: I think Jaime now knows for sure that Tyrion was innocent, so this might be a point of contention between the two of them if it comes up.
Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
EProbably not? Like, it shows that Jaimie and Cersei were wrong to blame Tyrion, and are therefore indirectly responsible for Tywin's death and Tyrion signing on with Dany. But it doesn't really change that much. "Oh, a different one of our enemies was responsible. Oops".
I don't think Jaime *ever* believed Tyrion killed Joffery. Its either that or Jaime thought it was an okay thing for him to do...which is possible too. I believe the Tyrion hate was all Cersei all the time. But I'm not 100% certain.

On Daenerys:

Failures: Has she really lost anything yet? The fleet was to get her bacon to Westeros. The Dothraki and Unsullied are still around and undefeated. The dragons are dragoning, despite Qyburn's "invention". Sure, her new kinda-allies in Dorne and Highgarden are down the tubes...but they weren't really part of the equation anyway.

Demands: Kind of funny that the third-born child of the Mad King, who also happens to be a girl, thinks she was "born to sit on the Iron Throne" since she was actually born to be traded/married off to someone else. She has risen to her position in part by her own hand and in part by the machinations of others (even if those machinations generally fail). She should lean much more on that. While I don't think demands of fealty are equivalent to slavery, she will need to re-learn some diplomacy...or fight everyone left in Westeros.

Advice & Advisors: It seems like different writers wrote the episodes at the same time...because (as many others have mentioned) she's getting swamped with advice all at the wrong time and having to handle administrative discussions during meetings with visiting potentates...looks pretty poorly organized. That said, the asides to Tyrion during the meeting with Jon were excellent because they served a purpose in the meeting as well. I guess much of it can be forgiven because we didn't have time to see her administrative development when there are many more important things to see on screen.

I've never been a big fan of her, either in the books or show...certainly has her moments, but they seem to be fewer and fewer lately.

On Battles, Time and Teleporting Ships:

Skipping Battle Scenes: Martin totally does this. The show totally does it. Probably for two different reasons. In the show, do we really miss out on much? We know any large-scale battles won't be well done, so I'm for saving the money.

One Sided Battles: Is it just me or has every battle recently been ridiculously one sided? Sure, a few of the winning side suffer, but it sure seems 90-10 these days.

Empty Rock: How did NO ONE notice thousands...tens of thousands...of Lannister soldiers marching across the Reach? Is that area really that empty?

Timing: So let me get this straight...
  1. Yara, Ellaria and Olenna are all in Dragonstone and the plan is hatched;
  2. Part of the fleet will take Unsullied around the continent to take Casterly Rock while another (?) part of the fleet goes the same way to drop off the Dornish and Olenna at their homes to marshal armies to take King's Landing;
  3. Somewhere between Dragonstone and Sunspear Yara's flagship is taken, she and the Dornish are captured and Theon jumps overboard;
  4. Euron swings by King's Landing for a parade and parlay with Jaime, drops off captives;
  5. Euron then leaves and speeds across the ocean at ridiculous speed;
  6. Jaime then leaves and speeds across the Reach at ridiculous speed;
  7. The Unsullied take mostly-empty Casterly Rock;
  8. Euron and his fleet appear in the harbor and destroy the mostly-empty (?) ships;
  9. The Lannister army, seemingly not in any disrepair based on years of war, empty coffers and virtually every other house as an enemy, arrives at Highgarden in excellent order;
  10. Jamie arrives at High Garden just in time for the "siege";
  11. Siege takes about 30 minutes despite the Tyrell forces being well-fed, well-provisioned and not at all tired from the stealthiest land march ever.

That sound about right? And it doesn't even touch on Jon's trip from Winterfell which seems to be as long a land journey as Jaime's plus about half as long a sea voyage as Euron's second run.

The only thing I can think of is that Westeros must be the size of Rhode Island. Maybe Olenna was dropped off by the Unsullied portion of the fleet...but other than that...it must take like a day to get from King's Landing to Highgarden by horse if these timings are to be believed.

Maybe we just need a little clock running on screen like "24" used

No, the show doesn't need massive battle scenes every week...but a little more display of the damage of war on both sides would be nice.

No, the show doesn't need to hew to complete temporal accuracy...but enough of the "everyone can be everywhere they need to be for DRAMA" without any effort to show the difficulties of travel in such a setting.

Sheesh!

- M