View Single Post

Thread: The Far Reaches (Fantasy Travelogue)

1. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Far Reaches (Fantasy Travelogue)

20th Bleakmoon, 694 in the cycle of the Red Sun

As we were traveling through a monotonous array of tree's the past few days, Master Verin and I took up cloud watching. Today though, for a brief moment I thought saw a feathered tail flicker between to nearby rain clouds. Later I thought I could she a shape outlined in the lightning strikes of a nearby storm, but perhaps that's my imagination playing tricks on me.

Fortunately Kresho has been a competent guide thus far, no major disaster has befallen us since we left Carro through the thick forest. In fact we've made an excellent amount of progress....until today. Around midday we reached what Kresho dubbed, the Scar of Geae, a gigantic canyon that appears to be nearly a 3 miles in width and a mile deep. Though its difficult to be exact due to the thick forests coating the near entirety of the structure save for exposed walls of a strange crimson stone. Master Verin claims this to be one of the natural wonders of the world, and honestly one could probably hide 20 or so Carro's in the canyons bounds. As we discuss options to cross the canyon Krensho is adamant that we only cross it during nightfall, though he refuses to explain why, insisting we wouldn't believe him.
    Last edited by Lleban; 2017-08-03 at 12:13 AM.