1. - Top - End - #1759
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Hello, and Welcome New Members, Thread 12

Greetings and salutations to all!

I've been checking out your site thanks to Google as I look up answers to my various questions regarding 5E D&D. I'm new (a few months now) to 5E, but I have approximately 26 years experience in RPGs. I started with Gygax's 1E in '89, and never looked back. I've been Dm/GMing now for 24 of those years, and I've played dozens of different tabletop games as well as mastered a few MMO's. I've read dozens and dozens of fantasy and sci-fi novels, and watched just about every form of television/theater based entertainment. I've made all the classic mistakes, done all the wrong things, and still managed to get people to love the games I've run. I miss playing now for several years, and it's genuinely been about a decade since I've found a DM that impresses me at the table.

Real life, I'm a high school graduate with a term in the U.S. Navy as a sonar technician on submarines. I was honorably discharged. I'm a single father with custody of my children. I enjoy building PCs as a pass time, and I am knowledgeable in a vast number of topics.

I've enjoyed what I've been seeing on this site, and look forward to offering my understanding and experience to everyone here.

If you have any questions, I'd be glad to answer them. I'll list the games I'm familiar with, and leave it alone...

D&D 1E
    AD&D 1E-2E
    AD&D 2E with the Players Options Skills & Powers, High Level Campaigns, Combat & Tactics, etcetera (my personal favorite)
    D&D 3E, 3.5 and 4E (which I loathed)
    Cyber Punk 2020 (ran and played dozens of games, a personal favorite in this genre)
    Shadowrun 1E-4E (played, never ran; best character was Cricket, a human Combat Decker)
    Travelers
    GURPS
    All White Wolf games (VtM, WtA, CtD, MtA, WtO, Mummy and all the other little crap) - (I had all the local LARP people addicted to my games in San Diego from 1998-2001, went to all the Comic Cons those years)
    Legend of the Five Rings 1E-4E (most fun doing RP IMHO)
    Mechwarrior/Battletech (All editions, played with the play testers for 3E, won several official tournaments in Battletech)
    Top Secret S.I. (best skill system IMHO)
    Marvel (The FASERIP style; played this recently, basically have it memorized for the last 20 years; don't even need books anymore)
    RIFTS Universe (played a lot of different things from a Boomer to a Juicer to a Machine Man; my favorite character was an Atlantean Undead Slayer that I played to level 10)

There's probably more I've forgotten...
    Last edited by Xar Draxus; 2017-08-06 at 01:26 AM.