1. - Top - End - #1196
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Darths and Droids V: Thread IV Was Eaten By Dogs

Um, wow. That's... quite the rant there Peelee.

Not gonna address it much of it except to say that I adore that scene and whatever problems one might have with it border on nitpicks to me* and are pretty easily handwaved away from where I'm standing**.

* I realize they aren't nitpicks to you, just that they are to me, if you see what I mean.
    ** Ditto.

However, the big elephant in the room, I'll address in spoiler bars:

Spoiler: Still Massive Spoilers Here: Stay Away AWAY I SAY
    Show
    It's been commented on by TPTB that the Tantive IV was going to try for a diplomatic immunity gambit if/when they got caught. Was it a great plan? Well... No. But considering the circumstances of improv running around trying to keep a heads up on a massively chaotic, unplanned situation, it works well enough for me.

Plus the scene was absolutely KICK. ASS. so I can forgive potential Movie Logic here.

That and I still well up a tad at "Hope".

So. Yeah. Worked wonders for me. One of my favorite combined scenes in all of the movie franchise. Both in execution and setup. Sorry to hear it didn't work for you.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2017-08-07 at 01:50 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb