1. - Top - End - #1198
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Darths and Droids V: Thread IV Was Eaten By Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Spoiler: Still spoilery. Here there be dragons
    Show
    But no, the ship will remain ridiculous. I understand the desire for plausible deniability, but it was present during an attack on an Imperial base. There's no getting out of that.
    Spoiler: Yep, Still Don't You Dare Open level spoilers
    Show
    Well, in SW they were knowingly firing upon a ship with a Senator on board. Now we know why they were so pissed.

And it's not like the gambit was completely without merit:

"If word of this gets out, it could generate sympathy for the Rebellion in the Senate"

Just mostly without merit. But desperate folks in desperate situations and all that.

----

As I understand it one of the plans*, such as it was a plan, was to expose the Death Star to the Senate and the galaxy at large before the Empire was ready to openly use it. Trying to use Leia as cover was a "It probably won't work, but if it does..." type deal.

Otherwise known as: When all you have is crappy options, you pretty much have crappy plans.

It was only when the Senate was dissolved did the Empire think it could get away with the open existence of the Death Star.

So, like I said, works well enough for me.

* Along with the "Search the Files for a Weakness" plan and "Open Full War is a Comin', Get All Our Allies Out of Cold Storage" plan.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2017-08-07 at 02:59 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb