Quote Originally Posted by rs2excelsior View Post
Q288 What happens when someone with the Draining Casting becomes undead? Or otherwise becomes immune to nonlethal damage? The drawback says creatures who are immune to nonlethal cannot take it, but as far as I can tell, there's no way to "buy back" general drawbacks like you can with sphere-specific drawbacks. If you took the extra spell points, I suppose you could just reduce the bonus spell points you've gotten, but what if you've taken boons instead? It feels odd to lose a boon but gain 1/6 spell point per level because you only lost one drawback but the boon you'd give up is worth two. Plus, it seems thematic to me for undead to no longer use, say, blood magic, but it's also kinda unfortunate to lose your spellcasting upon becoming a lich if that was your casting tradition.
I believe the simplest solution is to have the general drawback deal lethal damage (that cannot be healed through any means except rest) instead of nonlethal damage if the caster uses a sphere ability while immune to nonlethal damage.