Gerric walked around the city, or as far as he could get the day before they left. He would need to know the walls, where they were thin, where each gate was positioned, where the guards were posted. Which buildings were too close.

A few homes would need to be knocked down, to make room for a moving army. There were spots where a palisade would need to be constructed. So much work to do, to make sure this stinking ****hole of a city stay free.

On his way back he bought some cloths. He tried to find something fashionable. He really did. But the clothing didn't feel right. Silk and velvet from foreign lands were too slick, like he was wearing slime or nothing. Eventually he found something cheap. Some undyed cloth and shoes that fit. They would do. If the noble buggers look down their nose at him for not dressing like a ponce, **** 'em.

Gerric rode silently, his eyes stared ahead apparently oblivious to those around him. When I see him, I could challenge him. No, Euric'll never agree to that. I gotta get in close myself, I want him to see my axe when I get him. Or a knife? Something personal, I need to see his eyes go dark. Maybe use Kate? Euric always had a taste for beautiful women. Could she make him do somethin' stupid?

He lost count of the number of deaths he had planned for Euric as they rode. He was tally the pros and cons of throwing Euric to the Goligai when Nazir rode with his news.

"Well, ****." He muttered. "We'll be wantin' to go stop the bandits, I reckon."

Spoiler
Show

Tactics check: (5d10)[9][10][8][10][9](46) TN 6
Conscious bonus (if applicable): (2d10)[4][7](11)