View Single Post

Thread: D&D Beyond Pricing Released

1. - Top - End - #69
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: D&D Beyond Pricing Released

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    [citation needed]

Seriously, provide ACTUAL evidence that this isn't aimed at everyone who's interested in D&D, rather than telling me it's just aimed at new people. Because I've yet to see it, even WotC seems to talk as if it's something for everyone.

(I will, however, put forward a theory that they see people running multiple events/con games a year using it to make a lot of pregenerated characters, which I can see the logic behind)
    I was referring to my idea of "shop that sells comic books and D&D sessions with "professional" DMs" not to the D&D Beyond app in what you cited, sorry if it wasn't clear.

Big events can make use of this to become more organized and simple too, but I can see both pros and cons to that.

Edit: ultimately, i want to believe that this is not aimed at every D&D next player in the world, because it clearly doesn't appeal to every D&D next player in the world, me in primis. And since I have a bit of faith and hope towards the people at Curse that planned this thing, I choose that I am not their target, rather than them screwing up that badly, until something official will be stated on this argument.
    TL;DR: I give them the benefit of the doubt.
    Last edited by Lombra; 2017-08-09 at 10:16 AM.
    English isn't my first language, so I will likely express myself poorly.
    Please assume that I'm arguing in good faith, and that I mean no offense to anybody.