Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
The instant consensus of all the pros that Benedictus sucks is a likely contributor. People netdecking aren't going to be building it, so it has to be a rank amateur who decided it would be fun.
Quote Originally Posted by Epinephrine_Syn View Post
To be fair, I'm hardly a pro and I rightly concluded that Benedictus was hot garbage also. A 7 mana 4/6 with "downside" (reduce the quality of your deck)? I'll pass. I personally feel that most players can conclude this deck is bad without netdecking.
Yeah, I concluded much the same right away, but this is the community which a significant chunk of went completely nuts over Gnomeferatu of all cards, so I would have figured there'd be plenty of people out there who think Benedictus was great for similar reasons that they thought that card was great and would jump on him quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
Mostly a reddit theory, take that as it may. Priest is frustrating because they steal your cards then beat you with your own cards. I remember Drakonid Operative being hated so much when it came out.
Yeah, and that baffled me then, too. Drakonid Operative is a really good card, at least in any situation where a Dragon Priest deck can be good, but why it copying from your opponent's deck drew any particular ire never made sense to me. I've never seen such ire for Thoughtsteal, which has been around since the game's inception, and has on a few occasions (granted mostly very early in the game's life) made it into real decks just as an Arcane Intellect equivalent.

Quote Originally Posted by Epinephrine_Syn View Post
Also, I made a thing, and I should post it before it stops being relevant.
Speaking as someone who doesn't care at all about Warcraft lore due to having zero attachment to Warcraft of any kind, I have to say, the Lich King's "attempted seriousness" is actually what makes me like him less than other Hearthstone adventure villains to date. He breaks the fourth wall every so often, but lacks the snark of Kel'Thuzad or the bombastic portrayal of Ragnaros or Rafaam. He comes across to me more as a generic, boring villain instead, even with the fourth wall jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by GAAD View Post
Good news, Zevox! This tavern brawl is complete and utter randomness! You don't even get to pick your class!
Oh, believe me, I noticed. I had to auto-concede twice just to get a class that wasn't Hunter, because apparently the game's RNG hates me. (Seriously, how do they keep managing to make Encounter at the Crossroads worse?) Fortunately, I did win the match I got after, so I don't need to touch this thing again. Unless I get the 5 Brawls quest anyway - but honestly, I might actually toss that if I do this week, good payout be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
Doing fully random Tavern Brawls right when the expansion hits (Shiftcon last week and Crossroads this) is pretty smart. Blizzard doesn't need to come up with a new one and they get to showcase the new cards for those who haven't bought them. Plus, with it being random it encourages people to try out cards they ordinarily wouldn't. I just had a Ticking Abomination be VIP.
I would have to disagree - I would think that just after a set comes out would be the time to make one of the Brawls that they've made near the end of sets recently, the ones that give you two decks showcasing the major themes of the set (like the Elementals vs Beasts brawl we had a few weeks back, or the three factions of Gadgetzan brawl). Makes no sense to me that they wait until the next set is nearly out to do those.