Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
Hi!
I did not play such a build but I can say it's a very good one... In the end.
The big problem with this will be leveling, there are several features you may not ever see depending on your campaign...

Also I'm not sure Assassin archetype is that much worth it, I guess it depends on you, your party and your DM to give you often chances to enable it (you should check with friends beforehand, not everyone likes the idea of putting much efforts just to prepare and succeed on an ambush).

In your place, I'd probably do something similar to this...
1. Start Fighter to get proficient in Constitution (many nasty effects target it as a frontliner especially at low levels, + concentration saves).
2. Immediately take one level of Warlock to get Booming Blade, Eldricht Blast and Hex or Armor of Agathys.
3. Now get Paladin straight up to 4 to get one ASI which you would spend on Shield Master or stat bump (depending on whether you want to be good at Shoving or not).
You are now a level 6 character. Now either continue Paladin to get better spells and Extra Attack (although honestly you can do without it if you Bless yourself, weapon cantrip will be usually as worthy or better at that level), or make your Rogue multiclass right now to get more mobility, or grab Warlock 2 right now for Devil's Sight.
I'd say choice will depend on how you fared so far and your party composition.
There are other ways to go at it too for the first levels, especially if you would consider taking Arcane Trickster instead of Assassin (Swashbuckler would be also great for other reasons).

In any case, consider Extra Attack as a secondary feature if you want to make your character "come online" before hitting character level 10. In the same idea, accept that your magic resistance (Aura of Warding) will come much later than for a pure Paladin (although you should try getting it before hitting char level 12 ime). A quadri-class may be very good, but it does require harsh compromises for a good part of your character's life. And Extra Attack is really not that important when this build can achieve a Blessed Sneak Booming Blade cantrip anyways. ;)
Were thinking of the more practical approach of 8 straight paladin to get all the survivability, resistance and extra attack goodness straight away plus to get both ASI's asap. :) then 3 rogue, 4 warlock, 3 fighter and finish with 1 rogue