[Southside - Dragon Research]

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
"In a way. These demons are no doubt spiritual, but their make up is off, corrupted. It is as if something fused them into a conceptless matter, which is driving them insane. However, their reaction to dragons is curious. Dragons were once made to rule spirits, and, well, to feed upon them." The scholar attempts to explain. "It might explain why they are reacting so violent to the dragon concept, but that explanation isn't quite up to my standards. Either way, speaking of demons, have you come in contact with them? The spirit substance I mentioned earlier appears to be capable of enchanting people a great deal."
"Thankfully, no. The worst thing I've had to deal with were some of the living dead." The Commandant shakes her head. "It sounds like a plenty good reason to me. Demons are supposed to be a sort of rebel spirit, right?" No, Ruby, you're mixing up cosmologies there.

[DMside]
Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
[Mia and Alice]

It will be a 3 course menu, but for my own sake I avoid telling what all is. The dessert will contain apples.

"I hope you liked it. " Mia says at the end. "So how is it in the world you come from? Do you have gods?"
Alice gives a quick nod.
"I haven't ever had a meal quite like that before."
"I don't actually know much about the world I'm from. I've lived most of my life in the Nexus. There were gods there, lots of them, but we don't speak of them anymore. They were weak. Unworthy of our attention."
Plus, it is forbidden.
"I have a new deity, a goddess of this world."

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
[Invitations]

Mia reads it.
"Has the General told you more about why he asks me?" she says. "And at least tell me his name. I don't want to just call him by his rank."
((The messenger mentioned the name in the last post, which also indicated that The General is 'she' ))
"Of all those peoples we have encountered, the church of Deus Mechanicus has earned more respect than any other." The messenger explains. "We hope that, although it's small, this can be another sign of our continued cooperation."
"And of course; I thought you would have known it already. 'Skye Drake-Nerei' is her name, and you may use it in your answer."