Quote Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
I feel like these backgrounds can have varying degrees of rarity and be regarded differently in the various regions of your world. The Djinnblooded might be well respected in the desert areas, but looked down upon in the tropical jungles as an abomination.
I think Max was talking about 'strangeblood' individuals a few posts back, so this might not be a bad idea, but I don't think he listed djinn or dragons or even demons in the conventional sense as setting elements? (I did imagine that Devas/Nephilim could be distant descendants of some divine progenitor, for what it's worth, but that's pending approval.)

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
Many of the places they live are ruins, and there, they're not so far from the surface. They could come out at night to work the fields. Or they could have slaves to work the fields. Have to think about that.
You could always declare that the curse of the Faceless is magical enough that they don't have to worry about conventional sustenance?

I have been wondering if there's some real-world mythological equivalent to the wilders, aside from the obvious nymph/faun parallels. Would the vedic yakshas work as nature spirits?