Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
Another issue is of course that the implication here is that only noobs play "lower difficulties".
That is pretty prevelant everywhere though, in every game that HAS difficulty settings; but I suppose that games with a slightly higher fail-state maybe attract slightly more of it.

(And somewhat therein lies the problem, since it seems to be a point of pride or something for some people to play at the hardest difficulty automatically, regardless of whether they are actually any good at it and then complain that it's too hard if they are not; or to look down on anyone who plays the game not the ssame wya they do) or (in other games) take screaming umbrage that someone who is Not As Good As They Are can play it and/or get the, in the grand scheme of things, meaningless reward of an achievement or something. I hasten to add, I am not tacitly accusing anyone here would fall into any of those categories, because the majority of people who post on the playground are, y'know, reasonable people, by and large!)

Me, personally? The last time I played a game with a setting above Hard was TIE Fighter, when I play me let's play (a game with which I was quite familiar and consider one of the top three best games of all time) and that was a pretty frustrating experience, not one I'd care to repeat. Normal at most (and often easy) is the limit I'm prepared to play at. (Heck, I'll never get a single achievement on any PDX grand strat, since I refuse point-blank in any game to turn ironman mode on.) I am generally happy to Staiy Baad, for my own entertainment...

So, like with the first one, if I do get/play this, I'll be firmly on Normal, tops.