Cheers, just a quick-fire thread for my main question.

We had the idea to play a group in Gottfried von Diehl's entourage (after his brother went full Chaos Warrior and his other brother vanished) during his banishment from Bretonnia to the Border Princes (through Black Fire Pass).

My first idea pitch was a Halfling butler assigned to a young academy wizard (played by another player) but I don't know why I should use a Halfling? Why would a Halfling even serve them? What would a Halfling butler bring that a Human butler cannot (despite delicious food)? I intend to be a mix between "Alfred the Butler" and "Niles the Butler (from The Nanny). So a scholar, gentleman, not adverse to magic but as well versed in it. Maybe having a few social traits along with it. Primarily a non combatant (but this being Warhammer, combat will eventually come up).

My idea for a Human butler would be a hedge wizard who couldn't pay for the protection from the inquisition/a license so he went into service of Von Diehl so that his past dabbling in magic wouldn't be detected. This way I can play around with magic a bit, still be the face and scholar if need be.

What are your ideas. High Elves are probably out but if you could explain a Wood Elf in service of the house (maybe as a tracker or guide for the forest parts of the travel since we will have a Dwarf to guide us through Black Fire Pass) this could pose an idea as well. Go ham on ideas here.