Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
*Snip*
CN: Minmus, the starting planet's second moon. Eccentric orbit and irregular terrain, but about as easy to land on as the Mun. *Snip*
Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Cookie View Post
IIRC, the consensus is that even with it's eccentricity, Minmus is considerably easier to get to than the Mun. The lower gravity is a serious game changer.
For advanced players, perhaps, but newer players will have a lot of trouble with its small gravity well and inclined orbit.
Minmus has a 6 degree inclination, but a perfectly circular orbit (eccentricity = 0). It's easier to get to than the Mun in the early game because despite having a orbital radius about 4x that of the Mun, the lower gravity means you can get from a low kerbin orbit there and back to a LKO with about 2/3 the delta v as you need for the moon. The lower surface gravity also makes it much more forgiving (0.05g vs 0.17g).

KSP is a great game, I highly recommend it for anyone and everyone over the age of 10.

I really should contribute a demotivator to the thread someday, I gotta owe at least 5 in back taxes...