1. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker (Wet Breath of the Wild)

Spoiler: Zodi's Gusts (13)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Super early video due to work that is also early. Ironically it's a good thing this happened because I accidently messed up the upload and can fix it now.

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker [13] Homecoming

Video Length: 23:16

Last time, we discovered that Greatfish Island had been destroyed by the forces of evil, the spirit protector having left for Outset Island. The pirates know of a way to get within Jabun's hiding spot, and they've gone to Windfall. Now it's time to pursue them. Will they help us, or will their desire for treasure override their desire to help us out? The King of Red Lions suspects that they won't, and truth be told he's probably right. Pirates do love them some treasure. So, once we arrive we use the opportunity to investigate the island, looking for where the pirates might be. After all, I can think of a few places they might go. Sadly the cafe bar thing lacks any pirate activity, though it does let us see that the townsfolk aren't 100% sure the pirates are here or not. Even if they were, why would they come to this sleepy little island anyway? I mean it's not like this is a merchantile island literally named after a term that means "gettin' lots of money" or anything.

However, there is one person who can tell us where the pirates went, even if he doesn't realize they're pirates himself. The star gazer, that moon liker boy from a couple days ago, he's seen some strangers head into the bomb shop. So now we know where to go, and now we have the event that I brought up millions of years ago that relates to playing hide and seek with the Killer Bee's. Even though that's optional, most people will end up doing it just as a matter of course from talking to NPCs that look interesting. One of the kids hides behind the bomb shop, seeding it in your mind that "you can go behind the bomb shop" and also revealing the ivy that lets you climb on top of it. If we had climbed up we'd of even seen the hole in the wall that we now go to climb through, to spy on the pirates in question. What follows entering the bomb shop is a fantastic scene where we spy on the pirates, and see a bit of how they work. Turns out the pirate that "tricked" or mail man friend probably WAS concerned for us, giving his reaction. And Tetra herself seems more focused on saving Outset then the treasure...made all the more clear when she notices us and lets it slide, even setting things up so her ship is unoccupied by anyone but that swabbie we hung out with earlier in the game. We overhear the password to get into the ship, the final key we need!

Once aboard the pirate ship, and with the password given to ole Niko, we can finally get inside. Tetra's room is unguarded, and we immediately take the chance to investigate it. What we find is shocking, ancient murals showing a legend we the player may be quite familiar with, if we have memory longer than ten minutes. We also see a Sea Chart with certain islands marked out. Windfall and Outset appear on it, but specifically marked are Dragon Roost, Forest Haven, and Greatfish Isle. Between them, also marked, are what appear to be three triangular islands, of which we've seen two. Together these islands form a triangle within a triangle, and at the center of it all is a strange island. Fascinating. But most importantly of all, we see a portrait of what must only be Tetra's mom. I think this is the first time I've ever actually noticed this picture and really took it in, which is a little sad on my part.

Invasion of Tetra's privacy aside, it's time to talk to Niko. The poor dumb idiot's had a rough time now that we're gone, but now that we're back it's time for another athletic challenge. This time, no platforms! Just swing from rope to rope in the time limit, and he'll...give us the bombs. Yeah, that's a good and smart idea that won't backfire on him. We do it and get the bombs...only for Tetra to phone us on the shining stone. She throws down the challenge; she'll give up on the treasure if we get to Outset before they do, and they leave at dawn. I'm glad Tetra notes that they didn't leave EVERY bomb they have under the "protection" of Niko. With bombs in hand, we head off to Outset Island! Bombs are of course a somewhat situational item, hard to use in combat but otherwise pretty good for puzzles. Timed explosives are always fun in video games. Importantly, we've now unlocked the last bit of boat tech, and can now bring out a big ole cannon to fire on enemies. No more shall we run scared from sea monsters!

With a hurried heart we sail off to Outset. The seas are stormy and the night is long, no doubt an extension of the curse Greatfish Island was hit by when it was destroyed. Fitting that we can use evil to our advantage here. The King of Red Lions tells us to take advantage of it a bit more, to at least meet up with our family again. And it's...quite a sad sight. Grandma is sick, mostly with worry no doubt, and the storm isn't helping. We'll find a way to fix this, but first we have a spirit to save. Around the back of Outset is a small whirlpool, not dangerous in the slightest, but it does prevent us from just taking aim and firing down the door of stone Jabun put up. It's an interesting little minigame, and nice practice for Big Octo's and other such things if you hadn't found them already. We break down the slab and head inside to see our fishy spirit friend. We have a bit of a one sided conversation (I'll post what the translations are for this dialogue at a more appropriate time) and somehow, the King of Red Lions gets Jabun to bestow upon us the third and final pearl, this one belonging to Nayru. He also breaks the terrible curse of night, which is appreciated.

So yeah, that's the entire quest line for the third pearl done. The developers themselves have admitted that they had to cut some stuff, and it's pretty clear that Greatfish Isle was once supposed to be in the game, and have it's own dungeon and everything. But time constraints and other stuff takes it toll, and we have what we have. I would of liked to see what kind of island Greatfish was, but I also kinda like this as well. It's the only real time the power of darkness really lashes out at the world, but it's an effective scene. You only need something like this to happen once to really get a feeling of "we need to stop this as soon as possible". What happened at Greatfish could happen to Outset. It could happen anywhere. Thus my not stopping for anything on our way from Greatfish itself.

But, that'll be it for today. We've finished our quest for pearls, join us next time where we see what we actually do with the dang things. Hope you all enjoyed!

Aw, I was fully expecting you to swing back on the ropes like the first time. Also nice save on them boxes.

Yeah, I really was with the majority of people who hoped that they'd add back pruned in areas in the game with the HD remake. I knew they wouldn't, but it would have been cool. Ah well.

Actually, this is the first time going through this game after having lost my grandparents, so I feel you Zodi.

Jabun-Jabun?

EPISODE 13 KILL TALLY!

None.

Style Points - 0

Missed Rupees: -5!
    Lost Rupees (theft, overflow, ect.) - 28

The Wind Waker
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 13)

Spoiler
    Show

Kargarok - 2
    Peahat - 11
    Rat - 3

Baba
    Boko Baba - 16
    Kalle Damos - 1

Blin
    Bokoblin, Red - 1
    Bokoblin, Blue - 24
    Bokoblin, Green - 4
    Moblin, Blue - 3

ChuChus
    Chuchu, Red - 24
    Chuchu, Green - 25

Keese
    Keese - 7
    Keese, Fire - 4

Mold
    Magtail - 3
    Gohma - 1
    Morth - 168
    Mothula - 3
    Mothula, Winged - 1

Octorok
    Octorok - 6
    Big Octo (8 eyes) - 1

Total Things Dead - 312

1st Place - Morth, at 168!
    2nd Place - Green ChuChu, at 25!
    3rd Place - Blue Bokoblin and Red ChuChu, tied at 24!

Total Style Points - 6

Total Missed Rupees - 25
    Total Lost Rupees - 95
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2017-09-05 at 07:48 AM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)