1. - Top - End - #191
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Are stories where evil wins unique to the West?

Quote Originally Posted by AMFV View Post
    Southerners were not monsters, they were soldiers. And Soldier's valor deserves to be remembered even when they were fighting a war for the wrong reasons. I want my ancestor's valor remembered even when they did not fight for the right reasons, so I can understand fundamentally how somebody from the South would feel the same.
    I can see this but even accepting this there's still bias. The south's ideology was bad enough that desertion among its soldiers would be at least as admirable as valor, and deserves equal celebration and commemoration.

Fun story, during WWII my grandfather was conscripted into one of the axis armies and his squad went out of their way to surrender to the allies without even having been first engaged in combat. That's admirable. That deserves a statue.

Quote Originally Posted by S@tanicoaldo View Post
    Or the Egyptian pyramids build by slaves, many who died in the process.
    IIRC the pyramids were actually mostly built by a mix of professional builders and sycophants wishing to suck up the the royal family, slaves were used but only when they could not find enough of these first two groups
    Last edited by Bohandas; 2017-09-13 at 05:13 PM.
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)