Off the top of my head; (and if it was me)

Magus

Combat reflexes + bodyguard for feats.

One handed reach weapon, a quickdraw shield, throwing weapons of various metals and one short sword.

Spells would largely be area of effect spells. All the better if attack rolls are unneeded.

----------

To me this is optimized; most will disagree. While in the back you will be the heaviest thing around and with the power to preserve the other casters for frontliners to get back. While in the front your squishy by comparison but with a reach weapon you should know where to place yourself to be helpful.

Spells being area of effect is important; with eight people your going to need to be crowd control. You will notice both a 'quickdraw' shield and a lack of shield proficiency which is intentional. The shield only needs to be in your hands when defending and worse case scenario all your weapons should be one handed. With bodyguard feat you can aid another to improve AC (with or without shield) as a free action so you can still cast.

Don't be afraid to share your throwing weapons with the others. They don't even need to be thrown; a silver javelin makes a fine short spear and is likely better than most of the parties gear vs werewolves.

In short; use AoO for buffing, use spells on crowds, protect those around you and save weapons for important battles.