Quote Originally Posted by Sian View Post
Point stilll stands in that I don't understand why it appears that people are dead set on that Mod developers are better at designing or balancing the game to the point where they would barely even consider giving the main game a fair chance. Total conversion mods that completely changes the setting (such as the Star Trek mod, or most famously GoT mod for CK2), I can somewhat understand, but otherwise...
Doesn't even have to be balance, though. There's a lot of small things that are just good ideas. Like, in Stellaris, there are various status icons on pops. In the base game, they all have the same colour. There's a mod that gives them different colours, so you can tell at a glance how bad they are. It's a good idea, so I install it. What's the problem with that?

Sometimes, it's also just things where it shows the game designer had different priorities. Like, Skyrim is a good game. But it shows that the menus were done for consoles more than PC. So I install a mod that changes font size to about five times smaller, puts more on each screen and gives more inventory sorting options. That's just a good thing for me. What's the problem with that?