Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ultron View Post
More accurately I count both as railroading. But I also don't think it is Badwrongfun to have a set resolution.

So there is a huge disconnect as ''others'' think everything all the time must be free and wild and crazy based on the whim of the players and anything the wacky players want to happen and the DM should be be a reacting robot and do what the loopy ''setting demigod voices'' tell them to do.
Your strawmen are inaccurate and tiresome.
Not to mention ineffective.

But everyone all ways goes for full ''think like a Jerk DM'' mode and thinks that if even one thing in one game ever is ''set'', then everything in all games will be ''set'' forever badwrongfun!
This is one of those hilarious times where you contradict yourself without noticing and demolish your previous arguments.
Previously, you argued that defining railroading as a particular bad thing is only occuring for the minority.
Now it's everyone.
Hmmmmmm....

But I think of it more like ''time travel theory'' where some things are set, and somethings are not.
That is in no way how timetravel works, and there are no actual theories that say this. Which is tangential, but still funny.

In fact, there are entire lists of Paradoxes that come up due to the fact that even the tiniest change has large-scale ramifications going forward, and these changes would cause the future you're coming back from to stop existing. So, ironically, actual timetravel theories have more in common with how people run sandboxes than what you describe here. Hilarious.