View Single Post

Thread: The Gathering of Whitecrest

1. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Default Re: The Gathering of Whitecrest

Due to experience with the port-city of Delphraic, Lord Adril Ferreth was not as taken aback as many of his countrymen might have been by the great crowds that he met as he entered whitecrest, but it was nonetheless a shock after a couple of years in the relatively sparcely populated town-fortress of Tloon Redlan. He managed to put on a smile and wave to the throngs, but it was a visible effort.

The magpie Wyndath on lord Ferreth's shoulder, on the other hand, was exuberant at the attention that it received, puffing out its chest and preening its fathers in a great display of vanity. Upon noting the interest of the flocks of birds in attendance, he flew up into the air to show off to them. This was quickly cut short by a pair of young and playful brown birds and a well-timed dropping. Among chirps of laughter from the rest of the local flock, Windath returned to Adril's shoulder with an indignant air and tried to get the white paste out of his fine black plumage.

Wyndath was still preening when Ferreth arrived at the manor gardens, but stopped looking at his feathers to observe the fine decor of the dining area and chortle a few calls into Ferreth's ear as the pair approached King Whitefeather. Upon reaching him, the pair gave a low bow, and Ferreth introduced himself.

"I am Lord Adril Ferreth of Glen Gwitna. You are King Whitefeather, I presume?"

Spoiler: Attire and Entourage
    Show
    Lord Ferreth is just under 6 feet tall and has a medium build. He is wearing Elkskin trousers and a matching shirt, with a Chilkat blanket around his shoulders. His hair is long and black, worn in a single braid.

He is accompanied by a Magpie named Wyndath, and left his bow and arrows in the hands of one of the Inyoni guards. The rest of the crew that brought him here is waiting with their canoe at the nearest river portage.
    Last edited by Potato_Priest; 2017-09-25 at 11:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    See, I remember the days of roleplaying before organisms could even see, let alone use see as a metaphor for comprehension. We could barely comprehend that we could comprehend things. Imagining we were something else was a huge leap forward and really passed the time in between absorbing nutrients.

Biggest play I ever made: "I want to eat something over there." Anticipated the trope of "being able to move" that you see in all stories these days.