Quote Originally Posted by Giggling Ghast View Post
Tonight, I watched a fun little Canadian horror comedy on Netflix called Patchwork. It's about three young women who are vivsected and reassembled as a single being (all three of them are conscious and capable of controlling different parts of the body). They then seek out whoever did this to them, as well as go on a bloody rampage involving various men who wronged them. It's very goofy and it's quite gory, but what I found really interesting is how it plays with the viewer's expectations.

Also, an owl-cat shows up. FLY ARCHIMEDES!
That sounds very cool. Haven't noticed it on Australian Netflix yet, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

I, too, have seen IT. For the most part I didn't find it especially scary. I suppose apparently being one of the few people who isn't afraid of clowns might help there. But I did enjoy it a lot, it was very fun. And the That Big Jump Scare was really well done. And the

Spoiler
Show
using dead children as ventriloquist dolls

very creepy and disturbing.

I'd like to see a movie that does a bit of something like you see in Fight Club and The Exorcist iirc and the Paranormal Activity movies. Every now and then I see a movie where I keep watching the background expecting to see something weird going on, but there never is, or not what I'm thinking of. I don't really mean subliminal images like in Fight Club and The Exorcist, and not just things moving around in Paranormal Activity. I'm talking things melting or twisting, pictures changing, clocks going anti-clockwise, things changing colour between cuts, oversized bugs crawling around... Think a bit of Dali leaking into the backgrounds. I think it'd be particularly good in a movie that has something to do with the crumbling or blurring of reality or slipping sanity.

Annnd finally, what's your go-to Halloween movie, since that's coming up? I'm a big fan of Trick R Treat, which never got a proper run at the cinema. It's an interlocking anthology movie, quite dark, very funny, and always interesting.