Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
On the subject of Archer: I think the time travelers from the temporal cold war showed him he had some sort of destiny in creating the Federation, so he no doubt will be brought up at some point. Not as often as that one rowdy cadet at the academy called Kirk, because you reference what (you think) is popular, but I'm sure they'll namedrop him in the fourth season at the latest, assuming they do get that far. I'm just not sure his handful of run-ins with the Klingons when he was still a lowly captain are the important thing about his legacy.
Archer was the nexus of the founding of the Federation. Since he had had friendly (or at least respected adversary) encounters with the Vulcans, Andorians, and Tellarites he wound up being in a position to convince them the Romulans were setting them all up to fight each other, and the leaders involved there basically said "well, I don't like these other guys, but I'll work with *you* while we figure out what's going on." This later led to the negotiations and discussions which formed the Federation. This is also related to why Humans are at the center of the Federation. For the formation they were the diplomatic glue that allowed the other races to get past their bad blood with each other.

I actually really liked the last season of enterprise. It felt like what they had been wanting to do before getting bogged down in the Temporal Cold War and Xindi space.