View Single Post

Thread: Star Trek Discovery, finally a trailer

1. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Star Trek Discovery, finally a trailer

Spoiler: About episode 3 as well
    Show
    This episode leaves me with two main questions:

1 If this ship has essentially transwarp drives and transporters pre-TOS, what happened to that? If they never used anything ever again, despite its obvious advantages, there is either going to be some sort of universe-ending-bad kind of consequence, or the whole project is going to end up in a space explosion so big nobody left has the faintest clue what they were working on.

EDIT: 1a If the whole project is going to fail or disappear that spectacularly within an already sort of planned storyline, and the season ending that storyline is pretty much bound to be the best and the most watched one, how will the ship discovery survive to the season after? Are we breaking new Star Trek grounds? Or are they going to do the movie thing and just get a new ship with an old name?

2 I get that this captain is some sort of pokémon master with a private zoo, and I get that he collects dangerous creatures, but a tribble? Fly, you fools!

And yeah, I suspect you're right, that ship number convinced me. they're either section or some sort of progenitor.

Now I'm going to have to deal with a dark and edgy Star Trek series with black and gray morality. Not sure how that makes me feel. It's one of those things that can turn out great if they're done well, but they have to be done well.
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2017-10-02 at 03:19 PM.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!