1. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

cool Re: [Spheres of Power] The Creation Sphere Handbook Open Playtest

Quote Originally Posted by Desril View Post
    Heh, I wouldn't say "restarted" it was just an annoying conflux of various things for the first half of the year that limited my ability to actually get work done. I never stopped writing I was just greatly delayed!

In any case, I don't thing the change is going to happen. Not that I don't think you have a point, but rather because it would obsolete the Fabricate advanced talent, rather than open new options for it.
    A fair point. What if the two were rebalanced a smidgeon? Fabricate gets addended to allow create with it and Create Materials let's you create one size category larger per CL? (Perhaps some extra spell point usage in one of these) Akin to how Telekinesis has Powerful TK make it to where you _can_ lift more but be able to do less with it.

It'd give Create Materials the purpose of generating large quantities with Fabricate allowing more detailed work (which it already is intended to do).

I'm more than willing to brainstorm additional expansion on the situation.

It just seems odd to me that the base ability lets you create detailed items from nothing, but the advanced ones put weird restrictions on doing so. This is compounded by the fact that both of the advanced talents require Forge. If both are just advanced subsets of the same basic ability, it doesn't make sense to me for their division.
    Last edited by mrguymiah; 2017-10-03 at 04:18 AM.