Quote Originally Posted by sktarq View Post

You may or may have noticed I do this somewhat myself. Mostly because I was raised nearly entirely by British expats . . . this would get me slapped upside the head for such buffoonery. . . And since I both spend a fair amount of time in said nation, many of my family and friends are currently living there and in regular contact I feel quite sure in saying that, while the "u" in humour and armour or the vowel terminus of words like centre or theatre and different uses of the letters S and Zed are all still "British spelling". Aegypt, however, fell out of fashion eons ago. I do still see it on occasion to refer to Roman occupied Egypt but that's it.
Speaking as a real life British person, I can say that this is correct. British spelling does still favour a lot of diphthongs which American English has dropped (paediatrician; foetus; faeces; encyclopaedia, etc.) but "Aegypt" is absolutely not one of them, and using it in anything but a knowing and indicated sense to differentiate modern and ancient Egypt (see, e.g. British vs Brythonic) makes you look silly. It's "Egypt" here.

Felly, os ydych chi'n dymuno siarad yn yr iaith sy'n eich gwneud yn ymddangos yn fwy deallus, ni ddylai oedran yr iaith honno fod o bwys.
I can't say how happy it makes me that for what might be the first time I've come across unexpected Welsh and, though I had to look up a couple of words, was otherwise able to make sense of the whole sentence.