Gabe nods with a smile, "Sounds good." He slips his right hand to his belt, pulling back the heavy brown knitted cotton blazer to just slightly reveal the hard wood handle of his pistol. Gabe smirks just slightly at Karl, a gesture that Karl has seen many times as a show of solidarity from the well heeled Ghoul.

Spoiler
Show
In my mind a good way to get rid of the tempted tilt would be to make an effort with the Summers case, thus making a "connection" with Karl's Touchstone, which is a nebulous idea when it is his PI practice. Does that sound reasonable? Remember a beat is gained when a condition is resolved.

************************************************** ************************************

Spoiler: OOC
Show
Impressive 3 successes on four rolled dice. Nice

Victor's face turns into a mask of concern in only the way a Kindred's can. All muscles seem to tense so that Victor's face seems to be made of a playable pale clay, rather than layers of fat and skin over sinew. He seems to contemplate Anna's words, frozen solid as a statue. When Victor finally opens his mouth to speak, the long white spikes of his canines are now clearly visible. "I'm not sure", he says in a cold and measured voice, "I'm not sure. He disappeared without letting me know."

Victor stops, his eyes locked with Anna's (perhaps a bold move given the nature of certain Kindred powers), but Anna refuses to budge. But before Anna can speak, can urge him to talk more, he continues, "Look, all I know is that he was planning something with the Carthians. He was with them at least a couple times a week. He was supposed to be working with me on some projects, and he was just always too busy with The Rabble. But then he just disappeared. I don't know any more." Anna can detect know subterfuge in the Ventrue's words. Again she moves to speak, but he cuts her off, "Look, I don't know if The Ordo put you up to this or what, but I've done my part. Remember that... I don't want any part in any of this."

Suddenly empowered by God knows what strength, Victor breaks free from Anna, pushing past her to exit back into the street, and out in to the night. On the other side of the alley, Joseph finally gives in to Estella's offers, crushing himself to her in a pathetic display of intoxication and passion. He is somewhere between crying into her bosom and trying to further remove her blouse, allowing himself to be wrapped up in Estella's inhuman embrace.