Quote Originally Posted by Sholos View Post
This game is very easy to rage at.

Spoiler: Graveyard near Driftwood
Show
So there's the area in the graveyard with the heroes' tombs that prompts a fight as soon as you check the fourth tomb. Now, outs bad enough that there's a surprise fight against enemies over my level. But this fight with it's BS auto-rezzing of enemies to ridiculous levels... It's literally a case of, "Get party-wiped, load save from hopefully not too far back, play again except with magic future knowledge." It adds up to fights being oftentimes more frustrating than fun unless you massivelly outpower the encounter in which case it's boring. I never feel like I'm playing smart unless I'm cheesing, and that feels more like I found an exploit than good game design.

On a less touchy sunject, how are people distributing stats? I've been splitting between a character's damage stat, Wits, and occasional Memory, but that means I'm neglecting Constitution. How important is it to have a high damage stat? It feels like even with the pumping I've done, I'm only barely managing to stay relevant in fights where just twi or three attacks can kill or severely harm you.
It depends a little bit on the party comp, but ill usually put both points into my damage/armor stat. If I'm using a shield, ill split between the damage stat and con, because shields need con to equip, and on my rogue I do the same, but for wits instead of con. I only really drop points in memory once I start running out of spellbook space. If I'm not using a shield, I ignore con entirely. The armor stats from gear are just so much more important to survivability because they block status effects. If I run out of armor and start taking HP damage, that character is going to get CC's to uselessness anyway.

If I'm playing, say, a battlemage that uses melee and magic abilities, ill split between both damage stats.