Quote Originally Posted by TalksAlone View Post
I may be speaking out of my nether regions here, but this is not nearly as tough a caster is able to become.

Deep Gnome Fighter 1-2/Abjurer x with Svirfneblin Magic seems to tank quite a bit more with Arcane Ward. Slap in some medium armor (you recieve a +1 to dex anyways) and a shield (maybe work in warcaster even). It is also more efficient stat-wise because you would be getting EHP out of your spellcasting stat, to wich you naturally have +2 to. Indefinetly recover the EHP of Arcane Ward out of combat with your Svirfneblin Magic, since Arcane Ward takes damage for you you may not even need to roll Concentration saves for whatever hits you, Shield, Blade Ward, Absorb Elements, Counterspell and many others can recover your EHP mid-fight with little to no waste of action currency.

I'm not saying it is not worth playing this build you mentioned if you are more of a Sorcerer type, but I do not think it is even close to optimal for a concept that itself is not really optimal.
We are talking real hp here not fake news gnome hp! ;) cool build tho, but as I said were not out to make an optimized toon but a fun one. :)