I've been tinkering with something similar, but not multi-classing. Just straight wild sorcerer. Mountain Dwarf for medium armor. Stats 15/10/17/10/8/15 to start. First ASI heavy armor and 16 STR. Second ASI +1 CON, +1 CHA. CHA from there. Sure fighter would be more optimal, but fun to think about as a straight sorcerer.

Not as many hit points, but this is a proper burly dwarf with an axe. Even better, go subtle magic and only take spells without components. Pretend you don't know magic at all, and you are just a fighter. Tell people that your axe is magic (but really cast Booming Blade). A family heirloom attuned only to your family blood. Twin Booming Blade on occasion. With blur (another "magic" item) you can front-line with the best of them. You'd only have 2 fewer hit points at level 8 than a fighter with 14 CON, and you'd have shield and blur available. Take deception to hide your magic from people. Insist you are just a fighting dwarf. Have fun explaining the wild magic surges (blame others).

Subtle magic fun with mage hand, minor illusion*, prestidigitation, charm person, blindness, chill touch, counterspell, phantasmal force*, greater invisibility, dispel magic, animate objects, telekinesis, dimension door, dominate person/monster, and wish. Lots of battle, social, and exploration uses.

*these two require fleece as a material component, but I figure the character would be wearing something with fleece and wouldn't even necessarily know that it was required to cast the spell. I just like the concept of subtle phantasmal force.

Would work even better if the DM was nice and allowed you to use variant spell point system.