1. - Top - End - #76
    Banned

Default Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2: Larian doesn't know what 'original' means

Quote Originally Posted by Sholos View Post
    This game is very easy to rage at.

Spoiler: Graveyard near Driftwood
    Show
    So there's the area in the graveyard with the heroes' tombs that prompts a fight as soon as you check the fourth tomb. Now, outs bad enough that there's a surprise fight against enemies over my level. But this fight with it's BS auto-rezzing of enemies to ridiculous levels... It's literally a case of, "Get party-wiped, load save from hopefully not too far back, play again except with magic future knowledge." It adds up to fights being oftentimes more frustrating than fun unless you massivelly outpower the encounter in which case it's boring. I never feel like I'm playing smart unless I'm cheesing, and that feels more like I found an exploit than good game design.
    Pretty much my exact complaint as well with the tactician mode. I feel like I'm exploiting the system and future knowledge of fights to win fights rather than using clever tactics. It's a bit better on normal, but not completely.

It doesn't help that the system is so very easy to break that things that would seem like legitimate tactics in other games (summoning, kiting enemies, etc) feel like exploits. The fights just always feel lopsided. Either I use the overpowered strategies and blow throw with no difficulty, or I give the computer a straight fight and I'm at a huge disadvantage.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2017-10-06 at 05:54 PM.