1. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Tears of Amber - Main

"If they're taking new orders, I will," Aurora told Gorrun, taking the stone and money. "If not, you'll have to pass it to Brynhildr later," she said. "You're welcome to come, Kest, if you want. Jaylyn, can you wait five minutes for that info? I'll give you the basics and then answer questions when I get back, I just want to make sure I get the stone quickly," she said sheepishly. "When I get back, I'll answer questions and eliminate the fatigue of anyone who stayed up, alright?" She waved at Kest to follow and took off at a very brisk trot.

Aistriú opened the bag Umbear had given them. "Handy Haversack, so, it should be fine," the dantheinne said. "Thank you! I appreciate the share of money. I'll definitely inquire about what kind of armor I can commission with this," they said. "I've never been one for instruments though, I'm sorry to say. Always more of a song and dance type. Ah well, it was probably silly to think to bolster an entire army myself anyway. I'll just focus on you guys."

Torilee sat dutifully on the ground some distance away, studying her spellbook.

When Aurora reached Gemstar, the sign indicated they were closed. She rapped on the door, knowing the proprietors lived in the store.
    A dwarven craftsmen tentatively peeked around the corner and looked at the glass door. He looked visibly relieved to see Aurora and gave her a 'one moment' gesture and hurried out of sight. He returned with a pink and green, spherical stone in hand.
    "You came for this, right?" he asked, opening the door a little. When the centaur nodded, he shoved it through the gap and started to close the door.

"Wait!" Aurora said quickly. "The General wishes you to increase this stone's power," she said, holding out Gorrun's stone and the money he'd given her to pay the man.

The dwarf shook his head. "The end is nigh! We're not taking anymore work right now! We don't know if we'll survive the day, why would we waste it on work instead of spending time with our loved ones? No. No, I'm sorry. Unless we know, unless we see that the army has things under control, we're remaining closed!"

Aurora sighed and nodded. "Alright, I understand. I'll see if the castle staff has time to squeeze it in. But if they don't get to it, will you promise to take the job tomorrow, assuming we both live to then? That'll be proof, right?" she asked with a wink.

The dwarf was quiet for a moment and then nodded. "Fine. It's a deal. If we're both alive and the stone still needs work, bring it tomorrow!" He slammed the glass door shut quickly and locked it firmly before hurrying off.

Aurora sighed and looked at Kest. "Well, I suppose that was neither as good nor as bad as I was expecting. I hope the General won't blame him for his fear. Come on, let's head back," she said, setting off at a trot again.
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2017-10-06 at 08:44 PM.
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show

Spoiler: Inaemehkiwak (Ina)
    Show