1. - Top - End - #85
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop XXXII: I Got 99 Guardsmen and Morale Killed One.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    If he had brought more than like, two Leman Russes, I would have lost - and I did tell him so. The fact is, I knew what my opponent would have before he even put it on the table, because that's the kind of meta I'm in. That's why I won. Not because I have a broken list, but because my opponents are bad.

"What site did you get your list from?"
    'What s-?' Holy ****. No.

Spoiler: You'll Never Guess
    Show
    He played Jetbikes and Wraithknights in 7th Ed., and would also complain when his opponents would bring AP3> Ignores Cover and somehow win.
    Interestingly, if you'd faced my casual opponent from yesterday I think you'd have struggled (because that's how meta-busting lists go). He's a pretty big tread-head, so when asked how he'd cut his list down to 2000pts he said he'd just drop the Militarum Tempestus Battalion but keep the Brigade and all the tanks: 4 Russes, 2 Hellhounds, a Basilisk, a Manticore, 6 Plasma-Sentinels, backed up by 9 heavy-weapon bases, a Primaris Pysker and 6 infantry squads with plasmaguns to bubble wrap. His Commissar died on turn 1 to a Reaver charge, but the rest of the officers were either in a Chimera or safely out of sight behind terrain/Russes.

He's encountered the "But I like Saim-Hann!" problem, and is a little sad that everything got buffed so much. Because now in order to have a balanced game he can't take the stuff he enjoys. I'm considering if a Points Handicap might be the way forward for IG in our group, but so much of the issues seem to stem from basic game-mechanics favouring them I'm not sure it would help.
    Last edited by Voidhawk; 2017-10-09 at 07:31 AM.
    Looking back on sanity from the other side, and laughing really loudly

"In the whole of oWOD, there are only five normal people not somehow tied to the great supernatural conspiracy, and three of them were Elvis."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    If Ravenloft has taught me anything, darkness only makes the stars shine brighter.
    Bowl of Petunias avatar by Rincewind