I don't know what it is about it exactly, but I love coat of plates and brigandine style armors.

That whole transitional period to get to true full plate harnesses is just fascinating. Also one of the few times the armor actually was leather. I mean, a leather cover overtop the steel plates. But yeah, leather, actually used, correctly for once. It's awesome.

Also fun, the Art Institute of Chicago has this one infantry harness that I think looks great. Believed to have been worn by a mid-ranking Landsknecht. It was a mass produced armor so it was made to be adjustable to whoever bought it, but it still had some of the Gothic design on it to make it fashionable (because Landsknecht loved their gaudy fashion). It is also believed to have been painted at one point, but unfortunately the paint has since been scrubbed off.

For helmets, I'm pretty boring though. I think closed helms and armets look so neat.

As to weapons I kind of like them all. But I think the ones I'm most interested in are polearms, halberd, pollaxes, and spears. They were such fundamental weapons but for some reason everyone focuses on swords in fiction. Which is a pity, in my mind. I love me some good fantasy and fiction, but I think if you get a good choreographer who knows his weapons we could see fight scenes with amazing combinations of weapons to showcase who fascinating and deadly they all were.