Quote Originally Posted by Tanarii View Post
I don't think "no extra hit points" would be balanced, especially for Druid Wild Shape. I'm not sure what would be a good way to tweak the way it works. I just know it's not working well right now.
Right. I'm just saying I found it interesting (and gave this particular arch druid THP equal to half the new form's HP). Didn't matter, they stunning striked her and nuked her in about 1.5 rounds anyway.

I find the whole "summon pixies and use polymorph" thing an odd beast entirely. It implies that the character a) knows about pixies (which may or may not be true) and b) knows they can use polymorph. It also requires players who dumpster dive through the MM (or through forums) looking for "broken" combinations. That's serious meta-gaming from my perspective. I'd be willing to restrict player-chosen summons to the ones out of the back of the PHB, with ones from the MM under DM's control only. The MM is not supposed to be a player book. This was the big problem with summoning and shapeshifting in 3.5--exploiting monster forms that were never intended to be used by PCs. Every new MM that came out (or any book with new forms) multiplied the problem significantly. I'd like to avoid that in 5e if possible.