So, getting back to the discussion about TFA in preparation for TLJ:

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
I mean, the point was to show us that a very significant part of him wants to stop this and just go back home to his family and be loved and just stop with the pain and hate. And while consciously he knows (or at least thinks) great rewards await him for following through with the dark side, he cant deny the appeal of being, you know, not miserable all the time either.

Its an interesting look into the dark side because it, by all appearances, really should suck. We don't see a lot of people living content and peaceful lives who are also dark siders, and indeed the total disruption of that is what led to Anakin's fall in the first place. And now we see that yes, the Dark Side really is mutually exclusive with being happy and content.
I think it would be extremely interesting to focus more on Kylo and this struggle. The trailer seems to imply the movie will do exactly that, but...it's a trailer, so I'll hold my breath.

Also, having Luke be disillusioned with the Jedi way, coupled with Kylo also questioning the merits of the Dark Side, would make for an interesting set-up for a "Grey" side of the Force. The Jedi have seemingly revolved around the idea that emotions are dangerous, while the Sith appear to use emotions at their most extreme to fuel their power. A more balanced approach that melds the two philosophies together would make for an interesting storyline, in my opinion. Of course, that wouldn't do much to resolve the First Order/New Republic conflict, but I honestly don't care much for that anyway (as written...I mean, Death Star 3.0 was seriously stupid).